Good afternoon, Knights fans! We hope you’ve been enjoying the holiday season with friends and family. The fall always flies by so fast, so we do our best to unplug this time of year and spend some quality time with those who have spent the last few months supporting us so well.
Just in time for the new year to roll around, we thought it would be a good time to look back on the successes of our 2018-2019 season. We’ll keep it short, sweet, and to the point — here’s a quick look back on our great year!
With the historic season of ’17-’18 under our belts, the 2018-2019 campaign was even more exciting, competitive, and successful than its predecessor. With a returning squad of one senior, five juniors, six sophomores, and three first-years, this experienced and hungry team made waves in the SUNYAC Conference, our New York region, and left us even hungrier for more. Here’s a look at what the Knights accomplished this season:
- 9-0 in SUNYAC play – first time in program history
- 2x SUNYAC Offensive Player of the Year (Grace Cergol)
- First athlete in program history to achieve 1,000 Career Dig + 1,000 Career Kill Club (Grace Cergol)
- JR Libero Samantha Mendelsohn reaches 1,000 career digs
- SR Setter Emily Ast reaches 3,000 career assists & sits at 2nd in record book with 3,453 career assists
- First Knight to be named Rookie of the Year in 8 years (Maddie McLaughlin)
- Four All-Conference Team Members (Cergol, Mendelsohn, Ast, Lougen)
- #1 seed in SUNYAC Conference Tournament
- Led SUNYAC Conference in kills/set (Cergol – 4.18) & service aces/set (Alex Frank – .64) for entire season
- Ranked Top 10 in New York Region
- Raised $2,800 for Side Out Foundation in Inaugural Dig Pink Match
It was a year full of success, grit, competition, and leaving it all on the court. We will say goodbye to one of our fearless leaders, senior setter Emily Ast, and are ready for 2019 to make its way to us. As we’ve said before, the culmination of our season left us a bit sad, very humbled, and more than anything, hungry for more.
So here’s to a great year and an even greater one to come. 2019, we’re ready for you.
Happy Holidays from our family to yours! GO KNIGHTS!